Monday, June 28, 2010

Agile Brazil 2010 – notes and my ppt

The Agile Brazil 2010 conference was a huge success. The positive feedback was eminent during the event (tweets and conversations), and is now reflected in many blog entries describing the positive experience by so many people.

I am proud for the following reasons:

  1. I was part of the conference organization team. In fact this is one of the best teams I have been part of. The synergy amongst the team members were noticeable and IMO it reflected the collaborative nature of Agile.
  2. My tutorial was very well received. "Throw your cards at the wall: effective use of the Agile Card Wall" was a 1 and ½ hour tutorial on the Agile Card Wall. People liked it because it showed XP, Scrum and Kanban concepts in a very practical way, based on my experience on several Agile flavored projects.
  3. ThoughtWorks (TW) Brazil was a great contributor for the event! The TWers in the conference were: presenting (7 speakers), attending sessions, having fun, and chatting with people. And the TW booth was really fun! There was no marketing stuff; instead a bunch of cool people chatting, playing Wii, or watching the world cup games.
  4. The Agile Brazil community is really cool! It feels like there are no stars, but a lot of cool people sharing experiences, talking about agile, and hanging out together.

Below is the uploaded version of my session. I have trimmed it a little.