Last Saturday Thoughtworks Porto Alegre hosted the awesome Firefox OS device hack day!
The day ended with 6 demos and 10 new technical documents about apps published in Portuguese
Here is a really cool app created during the hackday:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/detail/run-little-boy-runHere are a few photos from the day:
Here is the invitation for hte event:
"Join us in Porto Alegre for a great day of open web hacking at ThoughtWorks. Come build HTML5 web apps for the Firefox OS device or help localize web documentation for MDN (Mozilla Developer Network) at a day-long event on Saturday, September 1, starting at 9:30 am.
Meet web developers working on Firefox OS and developer tools, Open docs experts and local community members. We'll open with a short introduction Firefox OS, the Apps platform and the latest tools for apps developers.
Most of the day will be hands-on. We'll show you how to start building apps for Firefox OS and the Open Web, then hackers will hack and writers will write. We hope you'll share your projects at the end of the day. Food will be served.
BrazilJS attendees are invited to stay in Porto Alegre an extra day to attend. But you don't have to be at BrazilJS to register. Just sign up here so we'll plenty of refreshments: light breakfast, lunch and snacks - free for everyone.
- 09:30 AM: Breakfast & Coffee
- 10:00 AM: Welcome, Brendan Eich
- 10:15-10:45 AM: Introduction to Firefox OS & Apps, Fabio Magnoni
- 10:45 - 11:15 AM : Apps are boring, games are fun, Matthew MacPherson
- 11:15 - 11:45 AM : Intro to MDN & localization, Janet Swisher
- 11:45- 12:15 PM: W3C Decoders, Yasodara Cordova & Reinaldo Ferraz
- Let the hacking begin!
- 13:30 PM Lunch
- 16:00 PM: Snacking & hacking | Coffee break
- 17:30 PM: W3C Decoders winners' demo & project demos (5 min each)"