Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Checklist: the Story is Ready for Development

Here is a simple check list for verifying a Story is ready for development. 



  • I have considered the high level design change for this story
  • I know the code area which need to be modified / created for this story
  • I have thought and considered the flow changes introduced by this story
  • I have looked at the existing test automation for the current flow/behavior (as is)
  • I have thought and described how I will validate the flow/behavior changes introduced by this story (to be)
  • I understood all the current acceptance criteria (ACs) for this Story
  • I am happy with the current ACs for this Story  (I don’t see the need to create a new or remove any of the ACs for thÌs story)
  • I thought about it, and I believe this story should not be split into smaller pieces
  • I thought about it, and I believe this story should not be merged with another one
A missing checked item will trigger a Story huddle, and the story will not be considered ready for development.

4 comments:

Marco Valtas said...

Hi Paulo,
I would refactor the list removing the answers like "Yes", "No" or "need more time". If just by invalidating one statement will trigger a story huddle we don't need the answers we just need the statement to hold true before moving forward and start implementing the story.

Cheers,
Marco

Paulo Caroli said...

Hey Marco,
I agree. The checklist shoudl be a checklist, and not a multiple choice.
I am changing it right now.
Thanks mate!
Paulo

Unknown said...

I agree. The checklist shoudl be a checklist, and not a multiple choice.Cheap Diablo 3 gold

Anonymous said...

Those days when we were together appear in my mind time after time, because they were so joyful, happy, disappointing, sad and painful, I miss you, and miss you so much EQ2 Plat, when you are young, you may want several love experiences, but as time goes on, you will realize that if you really love someone EQ2 Platinum, the whole life will not be enough, you need time to know, to forgive and to love.All this needs a very big mind EQ2 Gold.